[Stk] Sample Player Help

Emilie O'Connor emmiemad@hotmail.com
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 13:47:47 +0100

Hello all,

For part of project i'm currently working on i need to write a program which
is able to play a wav file.

I have started to do this using c++ with the stk.

I am a complete beginner in programming, having had no experience in
programming of any kind until just a few weeks ago.  I therefore apologise
for asking any obvious questions and also my lack of technical language, as
at the moment i still have many gaps in my knowledge.  To build the program
so far i have mainly used parts of code that has been given to me.

The program i have so far is able to play wav files, however i would like to
be able to add a function where i could choose the start point of where the
sample is played from, instead of it playing from the beginning each time.
Also i would like to be able to store the time where the sample is stopped,
and use this as the samples start time.

I'd be really grateful for any help in pointing me in the right direction,
especially with regards to the commands for start and stop times of the wav
samples being played.

Thanks for your time,
                  Emilie O'Connor