[Stk] Problems with sample rates

SHARM info info@thesharm.com
Tue, 4 Jul 2006 06:02:45 +0200

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply,

No, it's not like stretching the sound 4 times.

As an example, I took the ModalBar (also with the BandedWG). The pitch
remains the same (no low pitch) but the sound has problems.

It sounds like the sound is much weaker. There are other differences between
11025 and 44100, but it's more difficult to describe. The lower amplitude is
the most obvious difference.

Yes, I do request four times as many ticks.

Avi

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Chinen [mailto:mchinen@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 4:48 AM
To: SHARM info
Subject: Re: [Stk] Problems with sample rates

Avi,

Is this problem happening with all the instruments you are using, or is
there just a few special cases?

I'm not sure from the description of your strange sound, but could it be the
'same' sound in the 11025Hz case stretched out four times (two octaves lower
and four times as long)?

As you have increased the sample rate four times, do you request four times
as many ticks (samples)?  If you are writinbg to a file, are you sure the
file you are writing to is being written as a 44100Hz file?

Best,
Michael