[Stk] Ruby extensions with STK

Stephen Sinclair sinclair at music.mcgill.ca
Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:25:10 -0500

Hi,

Mind sharing some data about performance?
I'm curious how fast it can go.. what kind of buffer size do you need,
for example, to generate a real-time sinusoid?
How many filters can you run it through?

Generally I usually assume that these interpreted languages like Ruby
and Python are not good for real-time sound synthesis, so I'm curious
what's actually possible on a modern CPU.

Steve