[Stk] FileWvIn question

greg kellum greg_kellum@hotmail.com
Sun, 04 Feb 2007 15:44:39 +0000

Hi,

I have been trying to use the classes FileWvIn and FileWvOut to test some
signal processing code that I have been working on.  I have noticed that by
default FileWvIn normalizes the sound file.  So, if I try to just make a
copy of a sound file via FileWvIn and FileWvOut, the resulting sound file is
quite a bit louder than the source file.  If I however turn off the
normalization, FileWvIn outputs values that don't fall between -1 and 1 but
are instead in the thousands.  These values obviously need to be scaled by
some factor to get useable audio output.  So my question is: by what factor
would these values have to be scaled in order to make an identical copy of
the original sound file?

Thanks,
Greg

something more.