[Stk] midi input from piano keyboard

Travis DePuy tdepuy@gmail.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:24:11 -0800

------=_Part_76148_32360861.1171301051506

Hello,
  I am not sure if I am sending this to the right place, but here it is.
I would like to write a program in C/C++ to read the input from my
piano keyboard and play the music and graphically display the notes.

I have the Midisport Uno, and it is working. (I found an example
program that will read the input from /dev/sequencer (why /sequencer, and
not /midi is beyond me... ) and spits out hex numbers that correspond to the

midi commands/notes. (Here if interested:
http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/~craig/articles/linuxmidi/input/section1.html)
<http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/%7Ecraig/articles/linuxmidi/input/section1.html%29>
)

It is rather limited, and I am looking for some better libraries. So... in
my
searching, I found STK, and it seems that STK will do what I want, but I am
not quite sure *how* to get it to do what I want.

Any help/ suggestions etc. would be greatly appreciated.

-- Travis