[Stk] bloodshed dev C++ (and sstream.h)

Ge Wang gewang@CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:40:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi!

> I'm trying to figure out how to compile example 1 from the tutorials
> using a default bloodshed dev c++ project. (dev c++ doesn't recognize
> .dsw files) Stk.h includes <sstream>, but I couldn't find 'sstream.h'
> anywhere on my hard drive - neither in the stk include files nor in my
> bloodshed include files.

I believe <sstream> refers to the Standard C++ Library header, which on
many systems do not have a ".h" extension (I believe sstream.h and its
predecessor strstream.h are now deprecated).  ANSI-compliant C++ compilers
should come standard with sstream.  If your version of Bloodshed Dev C++
can't locate <sstream>, you may need to update. In fact, a google search
led to this hint:

"In previous versions of Dev-C++, the included compiler did not implement
sstream. Fortunately, new versions of Dev-C++ do not have this problem.
Upgrade to the latest version of Dev-C++."

I hope this helps.

Best,
Ge!