[Stk] newbie question

Michael Chinen mchinen@gmail.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 01:09:49 +0900

Hi Josep,

STK is written for C++, so objects will be allocated when their
variables are declared.

SineWave sine;

will allocate and call the SineWave() constructor for the sine
variable behind the scenes.

You are of thinking of Java or C#, perhaps, where objects are all pointers.
If you want to do newing, you will need to explicitly declare the
variable a pointer, such as

SineWave* sine = new SineWave();
sine->setFrequency(..);

HTH