[Stk] Callback or qtthread

Emile Vrijdags emile.vrijdags@gmail.com
Thu, 03 May 2007 19:07:13 +0200

Hi,

I would like to use stk for an auralization system (schoolproject). Now
i would like to use blocking rtaudio in a qtthread with its own
rendering loop, I'm more or less comfortable using qt threading, I have
very little experience with callback functions. I will have a lot of
filters on the audio that change in time depending on what happens in
the main thread, and i don't immediately see how to accommodate that
cleanly in a callback function.
My question: is there any reason why I should consider the
callbacksystem better before using my own threadclass? (safety,
performance, problems i could encounter,..)

Thx
Emile