[Stk] stk license clarification

Pavel Nikitenko pavn at centrum.cz
Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:49:44 +0100

Hi,

I am new to this mailing list and stk. That is why I would like to ask
for clarification of license and possibility of usage.

The api of RTAudio and RTMidi looks quite good! Since it is designed
object oriented way and use exceptions in all parts of code. This should
simplify software development in comparison with other audio and midi
libraries.
I already use portaudio and portmidi for cross-platform audio software
development. But it is programmed in C and in combination with C++
object oriented application the same code is more complicated.
That is why I would like to ask about clarification of license and if it
is possible to use RTAudio and RTMidi in own closed source applications
and also if it is possible to use for commercial applications.

I did some real time small audio processing framework in c++. And find
that your stk classes looks quite good as well. That is why I would like
also ask about possibility of usage and clarification of license for
other parts of stk and if it is possible to use in own closed source
projects and for possible commercial applications.

thanks for clarification,

regards,

--pavel