[Stk] building libstk on OSX as Intel or Universal

Stephen Sinclair sinclair at music.mcgill.ca
Wed Apr 2 07:20:10 PDT 2008

Jerzy Gangi wrote:
> Hey Gary,
>
> I'm curious if the Intel machines you are referring to have Leopard? I
> am not trying to compile for Intel on PPC, I'm compiling for Intel on
> Intel on Leopard. Finally, do you have any ideas why I'm receiving
> that compiler error? My best guess based on your comments is that some
> framework changes in 10.5 have affected STK?

Hi,

I tried compiling it on my machine now that I had some time and I got
the same error as you.
Changing the -march line to "-march=k8" fixed it for me.  (After
googling the problem a while.)
You could add "-msse" if you wish.

Sorry for the CFLAGS attempt, usually that works with configure but
perhaps STK uses a different configure script.  You'll have to edit the
Makefile.

> Is there anyone on the list using Intel / Leopard?

I'm not running Leopard.  I've already heard of a lot of projects having
trouble compiling on Leopard, so it seems they may have changed some
important things.

Steve