[Stk] Problems compiling with dev c++

Stefan Lidén stefan.liden.048 at student.ki.se
Thu Apr 17 10:33:26 PDT 2008

Hello
I've tried to get the sineosc.cpp example to compile. The first tutorial
example compiled fine, but with sineosc.cpp it won't work.

If i don't use any of the prepocessor commands ( in my
case__LITTLE_ENDIAN__ __WINDOWS_DS__ __WINDOWS_MM__) the program runs
without any problem and creats hellosine.wav as expected. But if i try
to play the wav in any media player the whole thing crashes. If i enter
the preprocessor commands i get a compiler error about std::string wich
is included by Stk.h. It says "parse error before namespace".
Concerning the preprocessor commands I'm not sure where to enter them
(I'm pretty new to c++). I entered them before the "#include
"WaveLoop.h", is this wrong?

I'm using the bloodshed dev c++ compiler. I'm linking to:
dsound.lib
libwinmm.a
libwsock32.a

I know the two last libs doesn't have the exact names recommended in the
tutorials, but i guess theese are the dev c++ versions of them?

It would be great if someone could help me out.
Thanks!, Stefan