[Stk] noob build

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 23:49:24 PDT 2008

 gcc (GCC) 4.3.0 20080428 (Red Hat 4.3.0-8)
 GNU Make 3.81
 stk-4.3.1
 fedora9

Thanks to Michael Chinen for pointing me in the right direction.  Mahalo.

Finally got a build, but with so many missing standard headers this has to be some kind of gcc 4.3.0 issue, or some kind of missing configure option? Basically tons of missing string.h, stdlib.h, limits.h, and algorithm.h everywhere.

anyway here's what I had to do to get thru this:
src/stk.cpp needs stdlib.h
src/FileRead.cpp needs string.h
src/FileWrite.cpp needs string.h
src/Shakers.cpp needs time.h, stdio.h, stdlib.h, string.h
src/Modal.cpp needs stdlib.h
src/VoicForm.cpp needs string.h
src/Messager.cpp needs algorithm.h
src/Skini.cpp needs stdlib.h
src/StAudio.cpp needs limits.h
effects/effects.cpp needs string.h
examples/sine.cpp needs stdlib.h, limits.h
examples/sineosc.cpp needs stdlib.h
examples/foursine.cpp needs stdlib.h
examples/play.cpp needs limits.h, stdlib.h
examples/record.cpp needs limits.h, stdlib.h
examples/midiprobe.cpp needs stdlib.h
examples/duplex.cpp needs limits.h, stdlib.h, string.h
src/UdpSocket.cpp needs string.h
examples/inetIn.cpp needs limits.h, stdlib.h
src/TcpClient.cpp needs string.h
examples/inetOut.cpp needs limits.h, stdlib.h
examples/rtsine.cpp needs stdlib.h
src/MidiFileIn.cpp needs string.h
examples/playsmf.cpp needs limits.h, stdlib.h
examples/grains.cpp needs limits.h, stdlib.h
ragamatic/ragamatic.cpp needs string.h