[Stk] building libstk on OSX as Intel or Universal

Jerzy Gangi jerzy at jhu.edu
Sat Mar 29 10:22:58 PDT 2008

Steve,

Cool, thanks for the tip on debugging the build phase.

First, the configure seems to be making sense of the i386:

"checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin9.1.0
checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin9.1.0"

The MAKE looks OK to me (I'm no makefile pro), and here's the output
of one file:

g++ -O3 -Wall -g -D__GXX__ -I../include -Iinclude -D__LITTLE_ENDIAN__
-D__MACOSX_CORE__ -DRAWWAVE_PATH=\"../rawwaves/\" -c Stk.cpp -o
Release/Stk.o

So I don't see g++ being run with the -march=i386 flag during the
"make" phase. How do I tell the makefile do run with march i386? I
thought configure took care of detecting the architecture, and it
seemed to recognize that? I do see it's setting little endian like you
said, tho. Finally, I redownloaded STK so I didn't need to run make
clean but thanks for that tip too.

Are there any other XCODE users on the list?  This toolkit looks
really cool, I hope I can get it running to use it.

Let me know if you have any more tips...

Best,
Jerzy G