[Stk] SamplingRate Error

Wes John-Alder wjohnald at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 09:05:06 PST 2009

Hello Stk Mailing List,

I recently downloaded stk-4.3.1 triied to test it out on some of the
examples to make sure it would work on my computer.  Sure enough it
doesn't.  When using the rtsine demo, I get this error message:
RtApiAlsa::probeDeviceOpen: error installing software configuration on
device (hw:0,0), Invalid argument.

I am using Gentoo Linux and ALSA.  I also tried using JACK to experiment a
bit further.  I got a similar error, but it also told me that it couldn't
use the default sampling rate of 44100.  Fair enough.  I think my soundcard
uses 48000 by default.  I went poking around various header files in the Stk
distribution and found a default sampling rate definition in Stk.h and
changed it to 48000.  No dice.  I changed the source of rtsine to request
the sampling rate be changed to 48000.  No dice.

My question is this: Does anybody have any advice or solutions for this
problem?  Thanks a lot for your time!

wes