[Stk] peaks in sin wave

steffi at hoxel.org steffi at hoxel.org
Tue Jan 20 07:47:26 PST 2009

Hallo,

I have the following problem.
I record a 50Hz sin wave from an USB soundcard with RtWvIn in a wav
file. Sometimes I get small peaks in the file, which come not from my
input wave.
When the sin has positive gradient the peaks are negative and when the
sin has negative gradient the peaks are positive.
For some reason the distance between those peaks equals the "period
length" or multiple of that. With "period length" I mean the value I
give to
RtWvIn :: RtWvIn( unsigned int nChannels, StkFloat sampleRate, int
device, int          bufferFrames, int nBuffers )
in the variable "bufferFrames".
Sometimes my program runs three days without those peaks and then they
appear for 20 minutes or something.
On an eee-pc with debian and ALSA version 1.0.16. this peaks appear
quite often, while I have not seen them on my laptop with debian and
ALSA version 1.0.12rc1.

Do you have any ideas?
Thank you, Stefanie Schmidt