[Stk] fm synthesis with stk

francis keyes fkeymo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 19:55:09 PDT 2010

Hey All,

I'm trying to get my head around stk by reading through the documentation
but I'm having some problems.  In trying to compile an example from
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/stk/compile.html, I get the following
error:

$ g++ -Wall -D__LITTLE_ENDIAN__ -I/usr/include/stk -o sineosc sineosc.cpp
-lstk

sineosc.cpp:3:22: error: FileLoop.h: No such file or directory
sineosc.cpp:7: error: ‘stk’ is not a namespace-name
sineosc.cpp:7: error: expected namespace-name before ‘;’ token

I didn't get the FileLoop.h file with my installation of stk (I'm running
Fedora 12 and I have stk, stk-demo, and stk-devel installed, all 4.3.1-10).
I don't know why I get "error: ‘stk’ is not a namespace-name".

Is the documentation on the stk website out of date?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm looking at stk because I want to experiment with Double Frequency
Modulation for sound synthesis, creating instruments that try to match a
specific sound as detailed in the attached image.  Can I do this with STK?