[Stk] Using the STK with Xcode 4

Ariel Elkin arielelkin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:07:47 PST 2012

I've been using the MoMu release of the STK without problems on projects built with Xcode 3, but I'm now getting build problems on projects built with Xcode 4.

I drop the library into the Xcode 4 project and it builds fine, but as soon as I #include it, I get a "Lexical or Preprocessor Issue" error, more specifically " 'string' file not found, on line 4 of Stk.h.

On closer inspection, the error specifies that 'string' file not found in ~/my project's/directory/include/mainheader.h

So it thinks that header file is in my project directory, but it's obviously a C/C++ header… How can I tell Xcode to look for these C/C++ headers?

I've tried the solutions listed here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5584317/compile-build-or-archive-problems-with-xcode-4-and-dependancies
but none worked.

Here's a simple project that illustrates the error:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34317751/testSTK.zip

Any suggestions?