[Stk] Linux soname

Cristian Morales Vega reddwarf at opensuse.org
Thu Mar 8 06:21:05 PST 2012

OK, comparing the 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 version seems quite clear you don't
care about binary compatibility.
That's fine. But could you please use the libtool -release scheme in
future releases to avoid binaries linking to incompatible shared
libraries and to add some cross-distribution compatibility?

It would mean creating these two files:

/usr/lib/libstk-<full_version_number>.so (i.e. /usr/lib/libstk-4.4.4.so)
/usr/lib/libstk.so

And using the full "libstk-<full_version_number>.so" as soname
("-Wl,-soname," option)

Thanks.