[Stk] RtAudio - Problems when stopping stream (WaitForSingleObject)

Carlos Luna clunaz at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 09:30:34 PDT 2012

Hi. My problem is as follows:
I have a couple of objects in my app. One object is an audio engine. That object has an object of type RtAudio and handles interaction with it.The callback function for RtAudio is in some other object.
In my audio engine destructor, I call the corresponding functions to stop the stream before deleting the RtAudio object. When RtAudio calls  "void RtApiDs :: stopStream()" (I´m using Direct Sound here), the program executes up to:
 WaitForSingleObject( handle->condition, INFINITE );  // block until signaled
And then stops there, apparently waiting for something to happen. Meanwhile, the callback function still get called and nothing else happens.
Any ideas what could be wrong?
I´m using Windows XP, VC2008, using Direct Sound with my Asus 1000HA internal sound system.
Best regards,
Carlos