[Stk] pkg-config file

Robert rdt at activecommunity.com
Wed May 9 18:53:09 PDT 2012

While you're asking, can you give me an explanation as a novice, as to what a pkg-config file is for STK?

I'm also, prior to fully researching this, interested if there is any sound synthesis in STK, waveforms etc. for use with iOS CoreAudio and AudioUnits and if anyone has done a project yet?

How about for Adobe AIR, which has good sound support, but I'm strongly considering writing a iOS Native AIR Extension.  AIR is the Action Script based framework behind Adobe's 60 frames per second AGAL (Adobe Graphics Assembly Language, which is as low as you can get with vertices and shaders on the GPU) for iOS and Android.

The question is how might the GPU be used in ways to optimize sound; people have done this before with other frameworks.

-r

On May 9, 2012, at 6:23 PM, Alexandre Quessy wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I badly need a pkg-config file for STK, since I wrote two project who
> use it. Writing m4 macros for the autotools is not much fun. It's much
> simpler when the upstream package has a .pc file so that we can use
> pkg-config to get the compiler and linker flags without pain.
>
> Here is a .in so that the autotools in STK generate a .pc file out of
> it. You should add "stk.pc" to the list of files in the call to the
> AC_CONFIG_FILE macro in the configure.ac file.
>
> I tried to make that file installed, but it seems like I don't
> understand how to specify install rules the way STK is currently
> packaged. That means that each distro's packager will need to install
> this file manually, unless STK's packaging is fixed.
>
> ======================== stk.pc.in =========================
> prefix=@prefix@
> exec_prefix=@exec_prefix@
> libdir=@libdir@
> includedir=@includedir@
>
> Name: stk
> Version: @PACKAGE_VERSION@
> Requires.private:
> Libs: -L${libdir} -lstk
> Cflags: @CPPFLAGS@ @byte_order@

Sincerely,
Robert D. Thompson

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE The contents of this message may be privileged and confidential. Your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privilege. Please do not disseminate this message without the permission of the author.  The author reserves the right to correct any typos or statements that the reader notifies him as being possibly in correct. Upon receipt of this message, the recipient must make notice of any complaint he or she has of e-mail author. Complaints do not include binding Terms of Service Agreements which have already been validated via login and associated information.