[Stk] Stream underflow errors on Windows

Jeremy Jurksztowicz jurksztowicz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 12:51:14 PDT 2013

Without seeing your code, it's impossible to tell what is wrong. There is
always the possibility that there is a buggy component in the audio graph,
I guess you've tried the app on another OS? How about another machine? If
you have narrowed the problem to be OS specific, then I'd suggest trying to
use a different driver for the audio stream, although I can't imagine a
better one to use than directX.

At the risk of sounding patronizing, have you written realtime software
before? There are some common errors that beginners make, especially
regarding memory management, that cause underflows. Pardon me if I'm way
off the mark.

Regards, and good luck,
Jeremy J.