[Stk] Plucked instrument issue on iOS

Hector Urtubia urtubia at mrbook.org
Wed Mar 6 13:38:34 PST 2013

Hi All,
I'm having issues with the Plucked instrument on iOS where sometimes notes
get completely out of tune.
I took a look at the Sitar instrument, which uses a similar algorithm and
doesn't show the same issue and I isolated the problem to the following
lines on the "pluck" method of Plucked:

  for ( unsigned long i=0; i<delayLine_.getDelay(); i++ )
    // Fill delay with noise additively with current contents.
    delayLine_.tick( 0.6 * delayLine_.lastOut() + pickFilter_.tick(
noise_.tick() ) );

If I don't fill the delay buffer after changing the frequency, then the
notes stay in tune, but then I have to modify the tick method where the
timbre of the instrument is not the same at all.
Any ideas?
Regards,

Hector