[Stk] iOS static library

Richard Dobson richarddobson at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Mar 8 14:46:11 PST 2014

On 08/03/2014 18:14, Ariel Elkin wrote:
..
>  I have two issues I could use some feedback on now:
>
> 1) Is there a particular C dialect I should chose for it? The current
> choice is GNU11, but these options are also available:
> https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/DeveloperTools/gcc-4.2.1/gcc/C-Dialect-Options.html

The oldest standard which will compile STK (c89?)? But this only matters
if you are trying to distribute a binary library. This might be a bit on
the generous side!

>  2) As you can see from the Readme’s troubleshooting section on Raw
> waves,
> https://github.com/arielelkin/stk/blob/ios_lib/STK%20for%20iOS/README.md#raw-waves
>
>  I’m having some trouble having the STK automatically set the
> RAWWAVE_PATH macro. Basically, when running on iOS, we need
> RAWWAVE_PATH to be set to: [[[NSBundle bundleWithURL:[[NSBundle
> mainBundle] URLForResource:@"rawwaves" withExtension:@"bundle"]]
> resourcePath] UTF8String]
>
> but this can only be resolved at runtime, and correct me if I’m
> wrong, this means I can’t do that with an #ifdef. So now I’m just
> setting it manually by calling Stk::setRawwavePath at runtime.
>
> Is there a way to have the STK automatically set the raw wave path to
> the raw wave bundle?

I think you have  answered your own question. It indeed needs to be done
at application level, at runtime, and it necessarily involves the use of
approved iOS Objective C methods.

In any case one must assume that developers will want to [be able to]
tweak the contents of rawwaves as their app requires - whether by
removing unneeded waveforms or by adding other custom ones. So the
rawwaves folder should not built into the library itself.

Richard Dobson