[Stk] Stanford University to Cure Hearing Loss

Robert Thompson rdthompson2013 at icloud.com
Thu Jul 11 11:27:55 PDT 2019

Is anyone on this list in contact with individuals at the Stanford University Initiative to Cure Hearing Loss?

The reason I ask is that Stanford has a lot of patents in the area of Optogenetics.

Tobias Moser (The Moser Group) at University Medical Center Göttingen (UMG) is doing a lot of great work that is progressing towards an Optogenetic Cochlear Implant.

If I’m not mistaken, Alexander Dieter, the Institute for Auditory Neuroscience/umg is creating the C++ audio interface to the Optogenetic Cochlear Implant internals.

https://www.umg.eu/news-detail/news-detail/detail/news/hearing-the-light-how-artificial-hearing-could-become-more-natural/ <https://www.umg.eu/news-detail/news-detail/detail/news/hearing-the-light-how-artificial-hearing-could-become-more-natural/>

I myself have profound hearing loss and a great interest to become more involved in clinical trials.

Ultimately it would be of great benefit to interface things like STK and JUCE, and other efforts in modern C++ in direct interface to such an implant.

Kindly let me know. I’m at an age and stage in my career where I have intense interest in participating in clinical trials.

Thanks,
Robert D. Thompson