[Alsa-user] Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Failure loading/testing at alsaconf

Mark W. Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Fri Aug 30 19:08:01 2002

Fernando,
   We were on the right track. I'm up and running on the AP2496 now.

   All I did was take the asound.state file (THANKS! I wouldn't have known
about it without your help!) and emptied it out, but left it there in /etc.
I then was able to run alsaconf with no problems, which built new contents
in asound.state.

   After adjusting levels with the mixer, I'm now playing wave files just
fine.

   I'm going to have to figure out all of your instructions about the
snd_id. It makes sense, but I'm not sure that I know what to do yet in
practice. However, it was a good day. I got alsa up and running on two
machine with two different sound cards.

   Thanks for all your help!

With best regards,
Mark