[PlanetCCRMA] problems with configuration of the alsa drivers

Thu Apr 3 09:41:01 2003

> CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.70GHz
>
> rpm -q --queryformat="%{ARCH}\n" kernel-2.4.20-4.ll.acpi
> i386
>
> rpm -q --queryformat="%{ARCH}\n" alsa-driver
> i386
>
> So it does not look like the old problem of kernel vs. alsa RPM
> architecture mismatch. Or may be, but in a less obvious way.

I did not notice yesterday the exact package names in the email.
Currently the package to check is:
  alsa-kernel-2.4.20-4.ll.acpi
That is the one that holds the kernel modules for the alsa driver.
Previously the name of the package was (for the 2.4.19-1.ll kernel):
  alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll
Just plain "alsa-driver" is the non-kernel part of the driver and does
not need to match the kernel arch.

I'm pretty sure he will find out the kernel architectures are not
matching. I sent him some more stuff on how to fix this.

-- Fernando