[PlanetCCRMA] Must I upgrade to build Ardour? (and more on jack and friends)

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sat Apr 5 15:04:01 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 13:06, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> That is what it does. Other apps are not affected and the connections
> are not affected. This does not happen randomly, it is triggered by an
> application quitting, which is supposed to be under your control :-) And
> (as Steve Harris pointed out) this was happening before anyway (for a
> moment I thought I was imagining it...

Then I may have seen this for a long time then, although my observations
are a little different. The problem I've had was that I'll be in Ardour
or Rosegarden, doing something with a soft Synth. (Pick one - amSynth,
iiwusynth, Zyn) I then close that soft synth and Ardour closes
completely telling me something about Jack graph times being exceeded,
or something like that. Once in a while, when this happens, I see qjc is
in a weird state and won't close, so I have to kill it using kill -9.