[PlanetCCRMA] IRQ sharing, nVidia kernel stuff

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Mon Apr 7 15:38:02 2003

I'm on a RH 7.3 system with the Planet CCRMA 2.4.20-4.ll.acpi kernel,
and all seems relatively well, but I have a couple of questions (what
else is new?).

I noticed that under the new kernel, my Delta 1010 card and my graphics
card are sharing an IRQ, which was not the case before:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 MX] (rev a1
) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 9
        Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [44] AGP version 2.0

02:07.0 Multimedia audio controller: IC Ensemble Inc ICE1712 [Envy24] (rev 02)
        Subsystem: IC Ensemble Inc: Unknown device d630
        I/O ports at 2c00 [size=32]
        I/O ports at 2800 [size=16]
        I/O ports at 2400 [size=16]
        I/O ports at 2000 [size=64]

I used to have the nVidia card at 10, now there's nothing at 10 and 2
devices at 9!

I am booting with ACPI off in the kernel via the acpi=off option to
the kernel line in grub.conf.

Does anyone know if there's a tool around to set IRQs in devices?
There wasn't the last time I looked; I remember having to boot into Windoze
and set things there then reboot into Linux.  I can do that again if I have
to.

Also, would I benefit from plooking around with the nVidia kernel stuff
that's available through the Planet?  If so, is there a pointer to the
installation process?

Thanks for any breadcrumbs in the forest :)