[PlanetCCRMA] IRQ sharing, nVidia kernel stuff

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Mon Apr 7 18:38:01 2003

Joe,
   This is, in a roundabout way, the same thing I was reporting
yesterday. From my investigations, since you've set acpi=off, you have
disabled the IOAPIC chips on your MB, if there are any. If you remove
that option, what happens? Do you get the newer style IRQ numbers?
(Going up into the 20s?)

   If you don't want to turn acpi on, which I understand, then the
normal way to solve this problem is to get your MB info and make sure
the slots used for these cards are not shared. (Seems like they should
not have been if they were separate IRQs before.)

   Also, I got some clues from dmesg and reading through my
/var/log/messages file closely. You might delve a bit there.

Cheers,
Mark