[PlanetCCRMA] update: new alsa packages (with new hdsp driver)

Fri Apr 11 19:49:02 2003

Hi all, a new set of alsa packages is on the repository (version
0.9.2-5.cvs). It is current cvs and includes the new hdsp driver for
newer cards and firmware revisions.

[If you are sick of upgrades and alsa is working fine and you do not
want the new one for now... just comment out the "planetcore" line in
your /etc/apt/sources.list and do an "apt-get update". PlanetCore is the
repository that contains the kernel and the alsa drivers. Excluding that
line will stop (I hope) the alsa upgrade.]

Anyway, for hdsp users (hi Mark!), the driver does not include the
firmware and there is a new program (part of the alsa-tools rpm) for

If you want the loader to download the firmware automatically to the
card when alsa loads the snd-hdsp module, you should add this line to
the /etc/modules.conf file (and do an /sbin/depmod -a):

post-install snd-hdsp /usr/bin/hdsploader

I don't have an hdsp card so I can't test this...
-- Fernando