[PlanetCCRMA] update: new alsa packages (with new hdsp driver)

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sat Apr 12 06:24:01 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 19:47, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Anyway, for hdsp users (hi Mark!), the driver does not include the
> firmware and there is a new program (part of the alsa-tools rpm) for
>
> If you want the loader to download the firmware automatically to the
> card when alsa loads the snd-hdsp module, you should add this line to
> the /etc/modules.conf file (and do an /sbin/depmod -a):
>
> post-install snd-hdsp /usr/bin/hdsploader
>
> I don't have an hdsp card so I can't test this...
> -- Fernando

Fernando,
   Thanks so much for putting this together before you leave. I do
appreciate it. Good signs so far:

1) Alsa installed and driver starts with no error messages
2) Jack starts
3) amSynth, ZynAddSubFx, kaconnect & qjc seem to start
4) gamix starts and shows me things that look like HDSP 9652 values

5) gamix does not give me any lock status indications on the ADAT
interfaces. Maybe I removed the optical cables, so I'll start by
checking that.

   I'll start hooking the HDSP ADAT stuff back into my Pro Tools rig and
see if I get a lock on the clocks and whether the MIDI interface is
working on the card now. (It was unclear to me whether Paul or Thomas
ever looked at the MIDI stuck note issues, so later today I'll try with
both the HDSP and MidiSport interfaces and see what happens.

   Again, thanks a lot for doing this!

Cheers,
Mark