[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel 2.4.20-4.ll.acpi won't boot

John Wheeler jdw27_42@hotmail.com
Tue Apr 15 10:46:01 2003

>From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@attbi.com>
>To: John Wheeler <jdw27_42@hotmail.com>
>CC: PlanetCCRMA <planetccrma@ccrma.stanford.edu>
>Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Kernel 2.4.20-4.ll.acpi won't boot
>Date: 08 Apr 2003 21:43:48 -0700
>
> > Hmm, I thought I had done that.  I do have a separate boot partition.
>(All
> > my linux partitions are ext3.)  I tried making the change again, and
>while I
> > got the same warning, I was able to successfully boot.  (BTW, first I
>tried
> > pci=noacpi instead of acpi=off, but that failed miserably.)  I still
>don't
> > understand why I didn't get the warning message (and root=LABEL=/
>worked)
> > with 2.4.18 or 19.
> >
>I Asked questions about this for two weeks on the Redhat reflectors.
>Others said they had seen it also. They never figured out what really
>caused it. Neither did I. Many people didn't see it.
>
>Are your 2.4.18 and 19 kernels RH or from kernel.org?

I recompiled 2.4.18 from kernel.org with support for my Lucent winmodem.  My
2.4.19 kernel is directly from PlanetCCRMA.

I'll probably be recompiling 2.4.20-4.ll.acpi for my Lucent winmodem too,
but I'd like to get things figured out first.

John