[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel Version Bug?

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Wed Apr 16 15:43:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 14:27, Edward Faulkner wrote:

> I just installed the CCRMA kernel and alsa drivers on a RedHat 8.0
> system.  The modules fail to load with unresolved symbols.  Upon
> closer inspection, it looks like all the modules included with the RPM
> were actually built for a 2.4.18 kernel, not the CCRMA
> 2.4.20-4.ll.acpi kernel.  For example:
>
> [root]# rpm -q -f ./snd.o
> alsa-kernel-2.4.20-4.ll.acpi-0.9.2-5.cvs
> [root]# modinfo -V ./snd.o
> modinfo (Linux modutils) 2.4.18
>
> Is this a known bug in the distribution?  Am I overlooking something
> obvious?

To me things look ok. This was run from root's home directory.

[root@Wizard root]# modinfo snd
filename:    /lib/modules/2.4.20-4.ll.acpi/kernel/sound/snd.o
author:      "Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>"
license:     "GPL"
parm:        major int, description "Major # for sound driver."
parm:        cards_limit int, description "Count of soundcards installed
in the system."
parm:        device_mode int, description "Device file permission mask
for sound dynamic device filesystem."
parm:        device_gid int, description "Device file GID for sound
dynamic device filesystem."
parm:        device_uid int, description "Device file UID for sound
dynamic device filesystem."
[root@Wizard root]#