[PlanetCCRMA] planet-ccrma kernel 2.4.20-4.ll on redhat 9

Chris Spencer CSpencer@CAIT.org
Fri Apr 18 12:33:01 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 14:26, shift8 wrote:
> hi josh!
>
> your rh 9 problem is related to your version of rpm.  you need to have
> the version that built the package, most likely rpm-4.1-1.06 on a stock
> rh 8.   i haven't really checked, but my guess the that the ccrma
> apt-get repository is for 8.0/7.3 systems.  rh 9 is only like 2 weeks
> old...

His version of RPM is fine.  It's the apt that is wrong.

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/redhat/9/apt/

When you upgrade from version to version Red Hat isn't going to upgrade
packages they don't support.  APT is an unsupported package.  It is just
out of date for RH9.0

--
"There are only two things that are infinite: the universe
and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe."