[PlanetCCRMA] re: problems with jack

Joe Dell'Orfano fullgo@dellorfano.net
Thu Apr 24 18:45:03 2003

Hi all,

> From: Olaf Giesbrecht <Olaf_Giesbrecht@Yahoo.de>
> when i use jack (jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100) and alsaplayer
> (alsaplayer -o jack), i always get little breaks in audio. this is what
> jack then always says:
>

> **** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 22.154 msecs

I also get the xrun messages continuously when running jack. The
terminal window displays these messages constantly until I shut down
Jack.

Interestingly, I have had no luck compiling Ardour (RH 8.0 system with
all CCRMA libraries apt-getted). This fails during the make. I have
successfully installed a Mandrake RPM of Ardour. This runs, rpm
complains that it has a failed dependency (Jackit). I have been
completely unsuccessful at getting a clean record from Ardour, however.
I have successfully recorded with Audacity and Cinelerra (without Jack
running) but not with Ardour/Jack.

By the way, I'm new to this list and am very grateful for all the good
help I've received just from the archives! CCRMA is the best site for
Linux audio!!

-Joe D
--
Joe Dell'Orfano <fullgo@dellorfano.net>