Fwd: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Problems with Quattro MIDI, usb midi

Sampo Savolainen v2@iki.fi
Mon Dec 1 01:45:02 2003

See my post about a month ago about my problems with the quattro. I have
very similar problems with my Quattro.

In short:
  Your problem #1 (distorted recording)
     This can be fixed by reloading the driver until the card gets
     initialized correctly, then it will record (and play) correctly.
  Your problem #2 (midi)
     This is probably caused by having a midi device plugged into your
     Quattro while powering up and loading the drivers. Just disconnect
     all midi cables from the quattro and poweoff/poweron, load drivers
     and then plug in midi devices. After this, midi should work.

The drivers for the quattro are very flaky at the moment. I'm looking
forward to 2.6.0, because it should have usb fixes and alsa as the standard
sound driver. That way this very isolated issue could get more coverage from
alsa & kernel developers. I have a feeling that this problem is caused by
some sort of mismatch between the alsa version and the everchanging usb
drivers in 2.4.x.

  Sampo