[PlanetCCRMA] Problems with Quattro MIDI, usb midi

Steve Haynal steve@softerhardware.com
Mon Dec 1 00:21:46 2003

Hi,

I can not get the MIDI on my Quattro usb interface to work.

cat /proc/asound/card1/midi0  always produces nothing:

USB Audio Quattro

Output 0
    Tx bytes     : 0
Input 0
    Rx bytes     : 0

I know my controller is producing good MIDI data. When I try to send
MIDI data out via the Quattro from MUSE, I get this error:

MidiAlsaDevice::putEvent(): midi write error, returns -19 expected 28:
No such device

lsmod shows midi-related modules are loaded:

snd-mpu401-uart         5904   0  [snd-intel8x0]
snd-rawmidi            20160   0  [snd-seq-midi snd-usb-audio
snd-mpu401-uart]

/dev/snd has losts of midi devices.

cat /proc/asound/devices shows a raw midi device:

    0: [0- 0]: ctl
   16: [0- 0]: digital audio playback
   24: [0- 0]: digital audio capture
    1:       : sequencer
   33:       : timer
   32: [1- 0]: ctl
   48: [1- 0]: digital audio playback
   56: [1- 0]: digital audio capture
   49: [1- 1]: digital audio playback
   57: [1- 1]: digital audio capture
   40: [1- 0]: raw midi

MIDI used to work on my old Mandrake system, which I got rid of. I'm
running the latest stock PlanetCCRMA (alsa 0.9.6) on Red Hat 9.0 now.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Steve Haynal