[PlanetCCRMA] planet ccrma novice seeks help

Aaron aamehl@bezeqint.net
Tue Dec 2 11:32:12 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 21:08, Pablo Silva wrote:
> Hi!
>
>  Should I go for the new Fedora or RedHat9?
If you want bleeding edge Fedora if you want tried and tested RH 9.0

> I assume I'll need the multiprocessor
> kernel, no matter what...? Comes with the planet
>
> 2) I've always had a dreadful time configuring ALSA, getting rid of OSS, and never could get it
> working without dropouts. I wonder whether someone would mind guiding me through the process a
> bit? Just setup the Planet and follow the directions. If alsaconf doen't work there are a few tricks, but
most of the time it just works.

My suggestion don't try to set the system up manually. Use apt-get and
find Repositories, Fedora itself is apt-get based, which is an advantage
but RH 9.0 has plenty of Repositories so it is also ok.

You didn't mention what you want to use this all for, csound stuff,
audio, notation ???

Aaron