[PlanetCCRMA] adding extra midi in..

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 17:50:02 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 14:07, Jonathan Segel wrote:
> hello, i'm wondering about how to configure for adding extra midi
> input to my system.

You might consider something like a MidiSport. I use the 2x2 along with
my RME HDSP 9652, so I have 4 in and 4 out. It works pretty well for me.
Currently I'm using it under Gentoo, but I used to have the Planet on
this box and the MidiSport worked well, really better than under Gentoo.

In almost all cases I think you have to watch out to make sure the darn
thing is recognized at boot time. Mine isn't under Gentoo, but I think
Fernando's changes to the init scripts probably fix this under Redhat.
In my case I have to pull the plug and plug in the USB cable to get it
to work, but after that it's OK.

Hope this helps,
Mark