[PlanetCCRMA] adding extra midi in..

Jonathan Segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Tue Dec 2 14:08:01 2003

hello, i'm wondering about how to configure for adding extra midi
input to my system.

i'm running the RME Multiface w/ alsa+jack with few problems, its
midi I/O works as well.
I have tried adding the built-in VIA8233 card to modules.conf and
.asoundrc in order to access the built-in midi port (game port) to
add snd-mpu401 etc.. tried all the suggestions abounding on the alsa
pages, but no luck. it never worked well for sound either, which is
why i abandoned it in favor of the RME.

one thing i noticed is that alsaconf only wants to configure one
card, then stops...? i remember running it on my debian ppc system a
while ago and it asked several times for which cards i wanted to
configure.. does it not do that anymore?

anyway, giving up on the built in crap again, i tried plugging in a
motu usb fastlane, and i see it is showing up on alsa's patch bay
just fine, but receiving no signals... does anybody know what i must
add to modules.conf or .asoundrc to enable it?

thanks.

Jonathan Segel  -- MAGNETIC -- PO Box 460816 S.F. CA. 94146-0816
               4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
   jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite@yahoo.com
                http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com
    tel (510) 534 7825  cell (510) 484 7415  fax (425) 955 4495