[PlanetCCRMA] broken avifile package?

Wed Dec 3 09:36:02 2003

> I'm using the RedHat 9 version of PlanetCCRMA and have trouble
> installing avifile
>
> apt> install avifile
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   avifile: Depends: libxvidcore.so
> E: Broken packages
> apt> install xvidcore
> xvidcore is already the newest version.
>
> Is there a problem with the package?

Probably you have something other than Planet CCRMA in your
/etc/apt/sources.list file and the packages are conflicting. It looks as
if the xvidcore you have currently (what is the version? "rpm -q
xvidcore") conflicts with what avifile wants.

One way out is to erase xvidcore and then install avifile (which should
pull the proper dependency).

-- Fernando