[PlanetCCRMA] broken avifile package?

David Fraser davidf@sjsoft.com
Thu Dec 4 01:29:01 2003

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>>I'm using the RedHat 9 version of PlanetCCRMA and have trouble
>>installing avifile
>>
>>apt> install avifile
>>Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>>requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>>distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>>or been moved out of Incoming.
>>
>>Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
>>the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
>>that package should be filed.
>>The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>>
>>The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>  avifile: Depends: libxvidcore.so
>>E: Broken packages
>>apt> install xvidcore
>>xvidcore is already the newest version.
>>
>>Is there a problem with the package?
>>

>Probably you have something other than Planet CCRMA in your
>/etc/apt/sources.list file and the packages are conflicting. It looks as
>if the xvidcore you have currently (what is the version? "rpm -q
>xvidcore") conflicts with what avifile wants.
>
>One way out is to erase xvidcore and then install avifile (which should
>pull the proper dependency).
>
>-- Fernando

Thanks, I think I had manually installed an xvidcore rpm.
BTW are there any ways to specify order of preference for apt sources?
Some packages are available on the dag repository, like transcode and
gv4l - is there a way I can use this repository as well, but make sure
packages from planet are installed preferentially?

Thanks
David