[PlanetCCRMA] CCRMA kernel with evms and xfs support.

Ben Martin monkeyiq@users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 5 18:07:01 2003

--=-OFeQ8ukPZFITRrdCk9TC

Hi,
  I've been running a 2.2.21 kernel with EVMS [1] and SGI's XFS for a
while now. I'd like to use the lowlat+preempt CCRMA kernel though
obviously still require the evms and xfs patches to continue to use my
system. I've created a version of the CCRMA kernel using a=20
$ rpmbuild -bp ccrma-kernel
and then applying device-mapper,evms,xfs and hand resolving the little
rej files at each step.

I then used my old .config file, make oldconfig'ed it and selected low
latency and preempt etc from the make xconfig.

The kernel that is created from this tree fails to=20
$ depmod -a 2.4.22-xfs
if there are any loadable modules. I clearly have the loadable module
options selected. Assuming that the patches for lowlatency dont allow
loadable modules anymore, this would be all fine having made a somewhat
trimmed version that has no loadable modules except for the NVidia video
driver module.

Unfortunatly I'm on dialup so I've not downloaded the binary
2.4.22-ccrma kernel rpm and checked it out for loadable modules.

I'm not currently on the list, could you please CC to me aswell. I
suspect that a variant of the CCRMA kernel with EVMS+XFS may be of
interest to others.

[1] http://evms.sf.net
--=20
Blogtackular http://advogato.org/person/monkeyiq/