[PlanetCCRMA] Upgrade ALSA to 1.0?

Sun Dec 7 15:42:02 2003

> 2 - Where can I find the 2.4.23 kernel-sources?  I've tried digging
> through the planet archive but I'm FORBIDDEN from accessing the most
> interesting directories.

Add this to sources.list:
rpm-src http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/1/i386 planetccrma
apt-get install kernel-source will give you hwat's available.

> 3 - Is the following still relevant or am I up to date?
>
> "Under Fedora Core 1 for now just the 2.4.23 kernel (the new Fedora Core
> kernel bugfix release will be done later today)." - Nando

2.4.23-1.ll is the latest, there is now a fedora core kernel with
capabilities added but that would not be needed unless you have problems
with the Planet CCRMA kernel or need NPTL.

> 4 - adding the planetedge stuff to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources results in
> an ugly python explosion when running up2date (commenting them out fixes
> it)

Well, I had not tested it. I think it might work with yum when I get
around to getting yum support installed. Thanks for the feedback.

> 5 - g'night

And sweet dreams...
-- Fernando