[PlanetCCRMA] Getting Jack working...

David Fraser davidf@sjsoft.com
Wed Dec 10 14:14:00 2003

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>>I'm having trouble getting jack working...
>>
>>[root@scir root]# jackstart -d alsa --help
>>jackstart: Symbol `jack_builtin_port_types' has different size in shared
>>object, consider re-linking
>>back from read, ret = 1 errno == Success
>>could not open driver .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_alsa.so':
>>/usr/lib/jack/jack_alsa.so: undefined symbol: jack_driver_nt_init
>>
>>could not open driver .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_dummy.so':
>>/usr/lib/jack/jack_dummy.so: undefined symbol: jack_driver_nt_init
>>
>>could not find any drivers in /usr/lib/jack!
>>
>>jackd: no drivers found; exiting
>>

>Strange. Obviously not what I get here (I get the help text as
>requested). Things to check:
>
>- did you install jack manually at some point? If so, make sure the jack
>you are executing is the one from the rpm (/usr/bin/jackstart). It does
>not look like it but there may be another jack around :-) "whereis
>jackstart" should tell you where it is in your paths.

Thanks, you were right - I had an old version of jack (0.70) installed
from source in /usr/local.
I uninstalled jack and all its dependencies, cleaned everything up, and
reinstalled and it is working great now...
Sorry, should have thought of this first! I'm looking forward to using
jack now...

>- are the files there? two ways to check, first check the integrity of
>the package with "rpm -V jack-audio-connection-kit", that should flag
>files that are not there or have been changed. Another, just list the
>files with "rpm -q -l jack-audio-connection-kit" and manually verify
>they are there.

Thanks
David