[PlanetCCRMA] RME Digi96/8 PAD Channel Problem

hayesjaj@notes.udayton.edu hayesjaj@notes.udayton.edu
Fri Dec 12 12:24:01 2003

Hi all,
I am wondering if anyone has managed to get the RME Digi96/8 PAD (or for
that matter, any card using the snd-rme96 driver) to accept a full 8
channels of input and output via the ADAT optical link.  The card
functions very well using all the I/O functions, but I can only get 2
channels via the ADAT link.  It seems to me that alsa is only seeing two
channels for PCM (in /proc/asound/cardX/pcm...etc) but in the info it
shows the optical link functioning with all 8 channels.  I am recompiling
alsa now to see if it is related to the version for CCRMA but any help
would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
James