[PlanetCCRMA] RME Digi96/8 PAD Channel Problem

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Fri Dec 12 14:25:02 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 12:14, hayesjaj@notes.udayton.edu wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am wondering if anyone has managed to get the RME Digi96/8 PAD (or for
> that matter, any card using the snd-rme96 driver) to accept a full 8
> channels of input and output via the ADAT optical link.  The card
> functions very well using all the I/O functions, but I can only get 2
> channels via the ADAT link.  It seems to me that alsa is only seeing two
> channels for PCM (in /proc/asound/cardX/pcm...etc) but in the info it
> shows the optical link functioning with all 8 channels.  I am recompiling
> alsa now to see if it is related to the version for CCRMA but any help
> would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> James

James,
   I cannot answer your question specifically, but I'm wondering if the
96/8 PAD has an Optical spdif setting? If so, then I think you'd only
get 2 channels on the optical cable since it wouldn't be running ADAT.

   If it doesn't then please ignore my post.

Good luck,
Mark