[PlanetCCRMA] updated: mammut, acpid; added: sndlib

Ryan ruinaudio@comcast.net
Sat Dec 13 06:49:02 2003

Doh!

While rpm -Uvh'in acpid I discovered that I have;

acpid-1.0.2-5 (which is newer than acpid-1.0.2-1.rhfc1.ccrma)

installed.  Checking the fedora repository reveals that's the current
official version.

So, I "downgraded" to to planet 1.0.2 and... nada, nothing, nope.  Lid
switch and powerbutton don't work.  I haven't heard the fan spin up (but
I think that's handled in hardware on this lappy... I hope ;-)

Anyway, unless some hardware threatening danger arises, I can live with
broken acpid (though the earlier ccrma kernels were wonderfully easy and
full of functionality).  Thanks and let me know if you'd like me to do
any further research.

later,
-ry