[PlanetCCRMA] ES1371 rev6 not working

Timo Sivula timo.sivula@luukku.com
Sat Dec 13 23:32:01 2003

Hello,

I have four soundcards, two labelled SB 64 PCI. The other has a 1370
chip and the other a 1373 which is recognised by linux as es 1371 rev
6. The two other are SB Vibras, both with the 1371 chip. The Vibras
work fine and the 1370 SB64 PCI too. The alsa drivers load as should
and I can use all three cards. The 1371 rev 6 card causes trouble.

Alsaconf recognises the card and lets me choose it, but after the
configuration starting of the card fails. I get this red text saying
"Failed" when the service is started. The funny thing is that the other
1371 cards start perfectly, and the driver should be the same.  Are
there some known obscurities with this rev 6 of the 1371 chip and the
alsa ens-1371 drivers?

I want to use the older cards because they have about 20 dB better S/N
ratio than the new Vibras.

br, Timo