[PlanetCCRMA] no more network card after installing kernel-sources

Sun Dec 14 11:45:02 2003

> > I think that I have wiped out kernel-pcmcia
> > during my operations: synaptic reports that there is no more
> > kernel-pcmcia installed.
>
> it seems that I messed up strongly... :-(
> I have rpmed kernel-pcmcia on my laptop, but the pcmcia still doesn't work.
> /var/log/messages says that there is no pcmcia driver in /proc/devices.
>
> so guess what, I still need help.
> What package is missing?

On a RedHat 9 machine the only package that has pcmcia in its name is:
  kernel-pcmcia-cs-3.1.31-13
Maybe you need to activate the pcmcia load script, I don't know if the
package does it for you automatically on install. So try a
"/sbin/chkconfig --add pcmcia".

-- Fernando